Here is a slightly more detailed look into some of the major changes that are coming in the next Requestbox Update on Monday 13th November.
I1042 – Tooltips on Headers
As well as looking at adding tooltips to headers, we will also look at another fairly significant tooltip change.
Tooltips on headers
When a header is being added to a request form there is now a Has Tooltip checkbox. Once this checkbox is ticked, you can add in the text
We have now added the functionality to be able to include clickable hyperlinks and images in a tooltip.
I1033 – Token Boxes
We have added a copy option to token boxes and can also copy the values to a csv list.
Copying the above selection will paste: Cloud hosted,Data filter,From builder
I1113, 1120, 1125 – New date rules
How to restrict date selections
We will look at restricting a date field so only dates that are 2 weeks in the future and are weekdays can be selected.
Create the weekdays rule
- Navigate to the rules page (Admin >> Request >> Workflow >> Rules).
- If your date field is a shared field and you wish to set the same restrictions to all requests then select Shared fields from the Select a request drop-down. If you want to set a rule for a specific request type then select it from the Select a request drop-down. In our scenario we want the weekday rule to be applied to all requests and the 2 weeks future rule to be applied to a specific request type. Select Shared fields from the Select a request drop-down as this is the rule we are working on.
- Scroll down the page and select Add a new rule and Validation from the Rule Type.
- Enter a rule name and any rules for when the rule should be applied (do not change if rule should always be applied). In the Validate section select the date field you wish to restrict and then select Is day of week.
- From the Select days item, select the weekdays and click Apply.
- Add an error message and then click Add.
- Once you have finished adding any rules, make sure you click the Save button before navigating away from the page.
- When you navigate to a request and select the date field only the weekdays will be selectable.
Create the 2 weeks in the future rule
Now that the date field has been restricted to weekdays on all requests we can add the 2 weeks in the future rule to a specific request type. If you set a rule at the shared field level and a rule at the request type level then the request type rule will take priority. If most of the dates have the 2 weeks in the future restriction then it makes request type rules for those which differ.
- Navigate to the rules page (Admin >> Request >> Workflow >> Rules) and select the required request type:
- Select Add a new rule and Validation from the Rule type drop-down.
- Enter a rule name and any rules for when the rule should be applied (do not change if the rule should always be applied). In the Validate section select the date field you wish to restrict and then select In future.
- Change the Any day in future value to Set number of days. Then set Date must be to GreaterThan and the day in future to 14 (2 weeks) and click Apply.
- Add an Error message and then click Add.
- Once you have finished adding any additional rules make sure you click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- When you navigate to a request and select the date field only the weekdays and days 2 weeks after the current date will be selectable. (This was made on 26th October)
I1034, 1053, 1054, 1055 – Action Buttons
Action buttons are now no longer tied to a single status. You can still find the buttons by status using the new filters but there are also other filters like team and request type. If you want a button to be used on multiple statuses this can be done using the status tab when you edit/create a button.
You can also maintain the action buttons that are used throughout an instance, to make this easier as well there are several filters that can be applied to find the action button you’re looking for.